Referral Tasks is a collaboration tool to share Documents, request feedback or further elaboration, action tasks, and communicate via real-time chat with colleagues in your organisation.
To refer a Document:
- In the sidebar, select the Documents icon, then select the Action menu for a Document and select Refer Document.
- Alternatively, on a Matter's page, select the Documents tab, then select the Action menu for a Document and select Refer Document.
- In the Create Referral Task window, enter Remarks and Instructions, select a Due Date, and set a Priority level; the Associated Matter is automatically selected based on the Document.
- Select an Assignee from your Contacts in mattero; please note, a list of names will autocomplete as you type.
- Select a Reason for the referral from the dropdown list, then select a Due Date for their reply.
- To refer to more than one Assignee at a time, select Add Assignee and fill out their details as needed. To remove an Assignee from the list, select the Delete () icon next to their name.
- To refer more than one Document at a time, select New Document; please note, a list of available Documents will autocomplete as you type (only Documents from the Matter in question can be selected).
- To remove a Document from the list, select the Delete () icon next to its name.
- When all information is entered, select Save; please note, this will send an email notification to all Assignees.
Receiving a Referral
Once a Referral is sent, the Assignee(s) will receive an email notification. From here, both the sender and any Assignees can review and discuss the Documents, and update some aspects of the Referral.
To view a Referral as an Assignee:
- In the email you've received, select Check out Referral; this will open a page in mattero with the referred Documents and a live chat feature.
- On the Referral page, edit any of the available fields in the left-hand window as needed, or select the Action menu of a Document for more options.
Please note, you can assign the Referral to a new Assignee by editing the Assigned To field. Changing this field automatically sends a new email notification to the new Assignee.
Further, changing the Referral's Status to "Done" sends an email notification to the person who created the Referral informing them it has been completed.
When all changes are made, select Save.
- You can view a live feed of messages from all referred users in the Discussion window on the right-hand side; leave comments as needed and select Send to share your comment.
Please note, any comments posted in the Discussion section can be viewed by all users; sent messages cannot be edited, unsent, or deleted.
Viewing a Referral
Referrals can also be viewed via mattero. To view a Referral:
- In the sidebar, select the Tasks icon.
- Select either the My Tasks or All Tasks tab, then select a Referral from the list.
To show only Referrals, select the Filters tab, then the Task Type button and select Referral.
To search for a specific Referral, select the Search button.
- Alternatively, select the Tasks tab on a Matter, then select a Referral.
Please note, the Tasks page may only display Tasks. If so, select the Type filter, and select Referrals in the window that opens.
- Selecting the Referral opens the Referral page; make any changes as needed (view Steps 2 and 3 in the "Receiving a Referral" section of this article for more information).
Also, select Main Referral in the top-left corner to view an overview of all Referrals on the Matter.
- The Main Referral page shows all Referrals for a Matter; select the Referral's Action menu, then select Edit Details to view the Referral, or select Mark as Done or Delete to complete or delete the Referral respectively.
Also, you can add new people to the Referral by selecting Add Assignee and filling out the window that opens.
- When all child Tasks are complete and their Status is set to "Done", the Main Referral Task's Status will automatically be set to "Done" as well.
Further, as child Tasks are set to "Done", the Progress field will track how many Tasks are completed and how many remain.