Referral Tasks is a collaboration tool to share Documents, request feedback or further elaboration, action tasks, and communicate via real-time chat with colleagues in your organisation.
To refer a Document:
- In the sidebar, select the Documents () icon, then select the Action menu for a Document and select Refer Document.
- Alternatively, on a Matter's page, select the Documents tab, then select the Action menu for a Document and select Refer Document.
- In the Create Referral Task window, enter Remarks and Instructions, select a Due Date, and set a Priority level; the Associated Matter is automatically selected based on the Document.
- Select a Recipient from your Contacts in mattero; please note, a list of names will autocomplete as you type.
- Select a Reason for the referral from the dropdown list, then select a Due Date for their reply.
- To refer to more than one Recipient at a time, select New Recipient and fill out their details as needed. To remove a Recipient from the list, select the Delete () icon next to their name.
- To refer more than one Document at a time, select New Document; please note, a list of available Documents will autocomplete as you type (only Documents from the Matter in question can be selected).
- To remove a Document from the list, select the Delete () icon next to its name.
- When all information is entered, select Save.
Receiving a Referral
Once a Referral is sent, the Recipient(s) will receive an email notification. From here, both the sender and any Recipients can review and discuss the Documents, and update some aspects of the Referral.
To view a Referral as a Recipient:
- In the email you've received, select Check out Referral; this will open a page in mattero with the referred Documents and a live chat feature.
- On the Referral page, edit any of the available fields in the left-hand window as needed, or select the Action menu of a Document for more options; when all changes have been made, select Save.
- You can view a live feed of messages from all referred users in the Discussion window on the right-hand side; leave comments as needed and select Send to share your comment.
Please note, any comments posted in the Discussion section can be viewed by all users; sent messages cannot be edited, unsent, or deleted.
Viewing a Referral
Referrals can also be viewed via mattero.
To view a Referral:
- In the sidebar, select the Tasks () icon.
- Select either the My Tasks or All Tasks tab, then select a Referral from the list.
- To show only Referrals, select the Filters tab, then the Task Type button and select Referral.
- To search for a specific Referral, select the Search button.
- Alternatively, select the Tasks tab on a Matter; this will show any Referrals for the Matter.
- Selecting the Referral will open the Referral page; select Main Referral in the top-left corner to view an overview of all Referrals on the Matter.
- The Main Referral page shows all Referrals for a Matter. Select the View () icon to view a Referral, or select a Referral's Action menu for more options.
- When all actions have been completed on the Main Referral Task, select its Status and change it to "Done".