Invoices can be created direct from a Matter in mattero. They can also be created individually or in batches of up to 100; for this process view the Create Invoices article.
Please note, your organisation may have an agreement with your client to transfer funds automatically from a Trust account to your organisation's general bank account. To do so, you will need to create a Trust Record Invoice Payment.
View the Create a Trust Record Invoice Payment article for more information.
Creating an Invoice from a Matter
To create an Invoice via a Matter:
- In the Costs tab of a Matter, select one or more Cost records (use Ctrl/Shift + Click to select multiple rows), then select Invoice Actions and Create Invoice.
Please note, selecting Invoice Actions and Create Invoice without selecting any Cost records will generate an Invoice for all Cost records.
- Alternatively, in the Invoices tab of a Matter, select Create Invoice.
- Edit an Invoice's details in the left column (such as its Invoice Number, Issue and Due Dates, and Invoice Status) as needed. Please note, the Invoice Contact will set as the client by default, but this can be edited for cases where the client is not liable for the Invoice.
In the right-hand column, select the Edit () icon to edit a Time Record or Expense's details, or select the Delete () icon to remove it from the Invoice.
Adjustments to the Invoice can also be made via the Adjustment button. View the Edit and Adjust Invoices article for more information.
- If the Invoice's payment (or partial payment) is coming from your organisation's Trust account, enter this amount in the Less Trust Credit field. If payment is not coming from your organisation's Trust account, leave this field blank.
Please note, this field will only display if the associated Matter has Trust Funds available.
Further, if Trust Credit is applied, a notification will display when making a Trust Record Invoice payment informing you if there are enough funds in the Trust account for the payment, and if the number of Trust Credit Days (the time period between when an Invoice is issued and when it can be paid) has been reached.
(View the Create a Trust Record Invoice Payment article for more information.)
- When all changes are made, select Generate Invoice.
Please note, all Invoices here can be exported as a combined PDF file from this screen. View the Export Invoices as a PDF article for more information.
Payment, Fees, Bills, Expenses, Charge, Charging, Matter