Invoices can only be edited or adjusted when they are in a Draft state. Any Invoices with an Approved or Paid status can only be viewed.
To edit an Invoice:
- In the sidebar, select Invoices ($), or select the Invoices tab on a Matter or Contact's page.
- Select an Invoice's Number, or select its Actions menu and select Open Invoice.
- In the Edit Invoice page, the Invoice Number, Invoice Contact, Issue Date, Due Date, and Status can all be edited as needed by selecting them.
Please note, regarding the Invoice's Status, a Draft Invoice can be set to "Approved" and an Approved Invoice can be set to "Paid", however its Status cannot be returned to a previous state ("Paid" cannot return to "Draft", etc.).
An Invoice with an incorrect Status must be deleted and recreated; view the Delete Invoices article for more information.
- When all changes have been made, select Save to apply them to the Invoice.
- Further, both Time Records and Expenses can also be edited or removed from the Invoice from this page; select the Edit () icon to edit a Time Record or Expense's details, or select the Delete () icon to remove it from the Invoice.
Please note, if an Expense or Invoice is deleted, it will return to the Costs section of its Matter with a "Not Invoiced" status.
- If you select the Edit () icon on a Time Record or Expense, make changes as needed in the window that opens, then select Save. (The Invoice will update automatically.)
Once your edits have been applied, both discounts and write ups can now be applied to Draft Invoices; for more information on these processes, view the Applying Discounts to Invoices and Applying Write Ups to Invoices articles.