Contacts from your legacy system can be imported into mattero to ensure your organisation does not have to individually re-enter their details.
Please note, your Contacts data in your legacy system may have certain custom details (birthdays, sign up dates, known associates etc.) that you wish to carry across to mattero. If so, please ensure you have configured mattero's Contact Custom Fields before beginning the import. (View the Contact Custom Fields article for more information.)
Further, the system does not check if a Contact is already in mattero when importing new Contacts. As such, please confirm if any Contacts have been added to mattero prior to beginning an import.
To import your Contacts into mattero:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Settings, select Import.
- Select Contacts.
- Select Download Template.
Please note, this will download an Excel spreadsheet to your device; ensure your browser allows for downloads before proceeding.
- Open the Contacts Template file in Excel, then fill as many fields as possible for each Contact in your legacy system in both the Person and Company sheets.
Please note, each Person Contact requires a First Name and Last Name at minimum, while each Company Contact requires a Full Name at minimum.
As one or more person may share the same name, it is recommended each Contact has a distinct feature (email, phone, address etc.) to differentiate. Any other fields with no information should be left empty.
Further, email addresses must include a valid address (such as "firstname.lastname@example.org").
If a site address and/or postal address is available, it must have all fields completed (Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Suburb, State, Post Code and Country). If an address is unavailable or incomplete, leave these fields blank.
The Country must be entered as a valid two-letter country code. (Download a list of all country codes recognised by mattero.)
If a site address and postal address are both entered, the mailing address will be saved as the primary address in mattero.
Finally, any Contact Custom Fields will also appear as a column in the Excel file.
- When all Contacts are entered for both the Person and Company sheets, save the Contacts Template file to your device.
- On the Import Contacts page, drag and drop, or browse for, the Contacts Template file to upload.
- A confirmation window will appear; please note the upload process may take some time depending on the number of Contacts to upload.
Select OK to begin the upload process.
- As part of the upload process, mattero automatically reviews the Excel file for invalid entries.
If any errors are found, an Invalid result will display; select View Errors to download the Contacts Template Excel file with its errors displayed in the furthest right column. Review and resolve the errors, then reupload as needed.
Alternatively, select an uploaded file's Actions menu, then select Delete to remove the file from mattero (this will not delete the file from your device).
If no errors are found, a Valid result will display. If so, select Submit to upload the Contacts in the file to mattero.
- A confirmation window will appear; please note the submission process may take some time depending on the number of Contacts to submit.
Select OK to begin the submission process.
Once the submission is complete, the uploaded data will appear in the Contacts section of mattero.