Invoices from your legacy system can be imported into mattero to ensure continuity for your organisation's finances.
Please note, you must import your Matters from your legacy system before importing your Invoices. View the Import Matters article for this process.
Further, the Invoices in your legacy system may have certain custom details (layout, numbering, etc.) that you wish to carry across to mattero.
If so, please ensure you have configured mattero's Invoice Templates and Invoice Number Format before beginning the import. (View the Create Invoice Templates and Invoice Number Format articles for more information.)
To import your Invoices into mattero:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Settings, select Import.
- Select Invoices.
- Select Download Template.
Please note, this will download an Excel spreadsheet to your device; ensure your browser allows for downloads before proceeding.
- Open the Invoices Template file in Excel, then fill in the fields for each Invoice in your legacy system. All fields are mandatory for this import except for the Reference Tag field.
Please note, two Invoices cannot have the same Invoice Number, and no imported Invoice can have the same Invoice Number as an Invoice already entered in mattero. (View the Invoice Number Format article for how to configure mattero's formatting.)
Further, the Matter Number field entry must correspond with an existing Matter in mattero.
The Invoice Status field will only recognise "Draft", "Approved", and "Paid" as valid entries.
Dates must be separated by a forward slash (/), such as 01/01/2020. Entering a date in another format, such as 01.01.2020 or 01-01-2020, provides an invalid entry.
Finally, there are three options for the Xero Integration Action field:
Creates a new Invoice in Xero with its next synchronisation; the entry in the Invoice Number field becomes the Invoice's Number.
Links the Invoice in mattero to an existing Invoice in Xero; the entry in the Invoice Number field must match the Invoice's Number in Xero.
Please note, if Link is selected, you must sync with Xero immediately after importing this data to mattero. (View the Synchronise Invoices with Xero article for more information.)
The Invoice will not be recognised by Xero.
(View the Xero Integration section for more information.)
Please note, each of these terms must be written as they are presented here: Create, Link, Ignore (with the first letter capitalised).
- When all Invoices are entered, save the Invoices Template file to your device.
- On the Import Invoices page, drag and drop, or browse for, the Invoices Template file to upload.
- A confirmation window will appear; please note the upload process may take some time depending on the number of Invoices to upload.
Select OK to begin the upload process.
- As part of the upload process, mattero automatically reviews the Excel file for invalid entries.
If any errors are found, an Invalid result will display; select View Errors to download the Invoices Template Excel file with its errors displayed in the furthest right column. Review and resolve the errors, then reupload as needed.
Alternatively, select an uploaded file's Actions menu, then select Delete to remove the file from mattero (this will not delete the file from your device).
If no errors are found, a Valid result will display. If so, select Submit to upload the Invoices in the file to mattero.
- A confirmation window will appear; please note the submission process may take some time depending on the number of Invoices to submit.
Select OK to begin the submission process.
Once the submission is complete, the uploaded data will appear in the Invoices section of mattero.
Please note, if "Link" was selected in your upload file, you must sync with Xero immediately after importing this data to mattero.
(View the Synchronise Invoices with Xero article for more information.)