You can create a calculated custom field (or "expression") within either a Matter or Contact to automatically calculate new information from existing data, such as to generate the cooling off period after a purchase.
Please note, while the guide below describes the process for a Matter calculated custom field, the same process can be followed for a Contact calculated custom field.
Creating a Calculated Custom Field
To create a calculated custom field:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Custom Fields, select either Matter Custom Fields or Contact Custom Fields.
- Select Create New Custom Field.
- Select Field Type, then select Calculated.
- In the Expression section that appears, select the Edit Expression icon to open the Expression Builder.
- Select from the list of Operators, Variables, and Functions to build the Expression, or enter text manually.
You can search for specific items via the Search bar. You can also enter a Matter's number in the Preview Matter field to generate a preview of how the Expression will present its data.
Please note, if a Function is added to the Expression, the next available field will be highlighted by default (as shown below); selecting an Operator, Variable, or another Function will automatically replace the highlighted text with your selection.
However, if you highlight another field in the Function, this will be replaced by your next selection instead.
Further, you must highlight the entire field (including the "<>" brackets) when adding Variables, Operators, or another Function, or the Expression will not build correctly.
When the Expression is complete, select Done.
- Fill out the remaining fields as needed in the Create Custom Field window, then select OK.
Please note, if a web address is shown in a Calculated Custom Field, it will be a clickable link when presented in mattero.
Automate, Automation, Assign Date, Programming, Custom Expression