You can create a Word document with a set header and footer to be applied to your Document Templates in mattero, which can include both text and images (such as your organisation's logo).
Any functionality you apply in the Word document, such as page numbers, alternating headers and footers for alternating pages, or a unique header and footer for the document's first page, will also apply when merging the document template.
Once the Header/Footer Template is uploaded to mattero it can then be applied to any Word-based Document Template saved in mattero.
(View the "Adding Tags and Header/Footer Templates to a Document Template" section of the Edit Document Templates article for more information on this process.)
Please note, if a Document Template already contains a header or footer, a Header/Footer Template will override this with its own header and footer format when applied.
Further, only the .docx format is supported for Header/Footer Templates.
Uploading Header/Footer Templates
To upload a Header/Footer Template:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Documents, select Document Templates.
- In the Document Templates section, select the Header/Footer Templates tab.
A list of uploaded Header/Footer Templates will display; select the Actions menu of an existing template to edit or modify the template, or select Add Header/Footer Template to upload a new template.
- From your device, select the file to upload. (The file format must be ".docx".)
- Select a Created Date as needed.
Select the Tags field and select from the dropdown menu that appears, or enter new Tags. Tags attached to a Header/Footer Template are available for any documents created from the template.
- When all relevant information has been entered, select Upload.
Once a Header/Footer Template is uploaded to mattero, it can be applied to any Word-based Document Templates in mattero by modifying the Document Template's details.
View the "Adding Tags and Header/Footer Templates to a Document Template" section of the Edit Document Templates article for more information on this process.
The Header/Footer Template's page margins must match the page margins of the Document Template it is applied to.
If the margins of the Header/Footer Template and the Document Template do not match, the Header and/or Footer may encounter formatting issues or not appear in the final version.
Also, if you have enabled "Different First Page" in Word, this may affect the Header and/or Footer.
To confirm your page's margins:
- In Word, select Layout, then select the Expand option in the Page Setup section.
- In the window that opens, select the Margins section to review the margin dimensions, and select the Layout section to review the header and footer dimensions, then repeat this process in your Template to confirm they match.
Word Template, File, Fields, Variables, Layout, Add, Save