The Contact Documents page displays all Documents (such as Word, Excel, PDF, emails and more) related to a Contact.
You can take many actions with Contact Documents to suit your requirements.
- You can filter the Documents by the Type of Document, the Created Date, the Modified Date and Tags. You can select the Title of the Document to view it, edit a file by selecting the Edit () icon, and view a list of options for an individual Document by selecting its Actions icon.
- You can filter by Favourite and Shared Documents by selecting Show Favourites or Show Shared respectively. Note: If you have not Favourited or Shared any Documents, these buttons will not appear. (View the Favourite Documents in a Matter and Share Documents articles for more information on these processes, which are the same for both Matters and Contacts.).
- You can also filter by any Tags applied to the Documents (view the Create and Edit Document Tags and Why Tags Are the Best Way to Organise Your Files articles for more information), and close this section by selecting the Hide Filters (<) button.
- When using the Search function, select Within Documents to search both the title of a Document and the text within the Document. Deselecting Within Documents will only search the title of a Document. You can also search by an email address, and if the email address is in the To/From field in any email saved to the Matter, it will appear in the search results.
- You can also drag and drop files on any page within a Contact to add it to the Documents section.
- You can carry out a bunch of individual and bulk actions by selecting the Actions button at the top. For e.g. you can export the documents by selecting Export Document List from the dropdown list.
Note: This does not export the physical document itself, but only the document's meta data (i.e. Created Date, Last Modified Date, Document Title, the Type of Document, the Version, Created By, Last Modified By and any Document Tags).
You can multiselect rows of documents to export.
Once you select the Export Document List option, an information dialogue box is displayed confirming the number of documents that will be exported to csv. Select Export to export the documents.
Note: The option to Export Document List is also available for Matter Documents and from the global Documents page. (View the Matter Documents article for more information).
All Contact Documents can also be previewed in mattero, including any attachments on an email. (View the Preview Documents article for more information).
Documents Page Layout
You can customise the layout of the Contact Documents page, and save your changes to be your new default layout. You can also reset to the standard mattero layout at any time.
To customise the layout:
- Select a Column Header to sort all Documents by this column in either ascending or descending order (see the 'Created' column in the image below).
- Select the Items per Page field to set how many Documents are shown per page. Use the arrow next to the number to change it to view 10, 25, 50 or 100 items per page.
- To save your changes, select the Actions menu, then Save Layout.
To reset your layout to the mattero default, select the Actions menu, then select Reset Layout.
The default mattero layout sorts by the Last Modified column in descending order, with 25 results shown per page.
- A confirmation window will appear displaying the changes to be made; select OK to confirm.
Contact Documents, Files, Briefs, PDF, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Export Document List, Details