We've made some exciting new changes and enhancements to Timers in mattero. These were made based on valuable feedback from mattero users such as yourself.
What are these changes? How are Timers different now? What's better about them? Let's have a look at some highlights.
What are the Enhancements to Timers?
- Easy access from every page: You can now access a Timer without being in a Matter. The new placement of the Timer - in the top right, next to the User Profile icon - makes it easy to access it from any page on mattero.
- Add a Timer Description: When you add a new Timer, you now have the option to also add a Description to it, for more context. This is useful, especially when you're tracking your Matter Tasks.
- You can view all Matter Timers in one place: All your Matter Timers are now displayed in a handy list on one page.
- Bulk actions possible: From this list, you can Play, Pause or Reset the Timers, Create a Time/Fee Record and Delete or Clear Timers that are no longer needed.
What Happens with My Old Timers? Do I Need to Do Anything?
Yes, your old Timers will be paused and should be reviewed.
We recommend the following three steps:
- Review your old Timers by selecting View All in the Timers navigation menu at the top.
2. Ensure that you bill any pending time by creating a Time/Fee Record.
3. Once you've reviewed and recorded the time, we recommend you clean up any unwanted time entries from the Matter Timers page. You can do that by either selecting Delete to delete any old Timers (individually or multiselect)
If you want to delete all your Timers, you can select Clear All Timers.
Note: Once the Timers are deleted, they can't be restored.
Going forward, there will only be one Timer tracking your time on each device, even if you have multiple Matters open. If you switch between Matters, you need to stop and/or start the Matter Timers yourself.
The Big Enhancement - More User Control
Why is it better? Because it gives you more control over your work and makes it easy to track the time you spend on a particular task or activity within a Matter. No more Timers going off when you aren't actually working on a particular Matter; with the manual start and stop, your Timer will be on ONLY when you select Play and it will stop when you select Pause.
Since there's no automatic start or stop, if you end your work without manually pausing the Timer and you get back to it later, the Timer will be on for the entire duration.
- Select the Pause icon to pause the Timer, or select the Play icon to start a paused Timer.
- Select the Reset icon to reset the Timer to zero.
Note: Timers DO NOT automatically begin when you open a Matter. Please ensure you start and stop the Timer when you're working on a Matter. Use the Play and Pause buttons accordingly.
What Else Has Changed with Timers?
- There are some other neat changes to the Timers as well. For example, you can easily search for a specific Timer via the Search dropdown on the left of the Matter Timers screen.
- Also, there are now multiple, efficient ways for you to Create a Time/Fee Record for a Matter Timer, either directly from the Matter page (for a Matter with a Timer), from the Timers navigation menu on the top of any mattero page or from the list of Timers on the Matter Timers page.
- Quick access on Matter page: When you open a Matter with a Timer, you can view the Timer on the right. From here, you can Play, Pause or Reset the Timer. You can also Create a Time/Fee Record for the Matter Timer from right here.
Note: The Matter won't have a Timer icon if you haven't created one. Once you create a Timer for a Matter, the icon will be displayed on the Matter page. But you will have to start, stop or reset the Timer yourself, based on your needs. You can do that by selecting the Play, Pause or Reset icons.
Please view the Timers article for more detailed information on everything Timers - from configuring Timers to using them and all their other functionalities.
We encourage feedback/suggestions from our users. You can do this by following the steps in the Submit Requests and Suggest Improvements article.
We're looking into the functionality to add multiple Timers to the same Matter.
Time, Time Period, Hours, Minutes, Billing, Timers, Bulk Action, Time Record