User Types define a person's position within your organisation, such as Barrister, Administrator, Clerk, etc.
User Types are used in conjunction with Cost Templates to configure the hourly rate your organisation's staff charge for their work on a Matter. (View the Create and Edit Cost Templates article for more information.)
Creating User Types
To create a User Type:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Users, select User Types.
- Select Create New User Type.
- Enter a Name and Description, then select OK.
Editing and Deleting User Types
Existing User Types can be edited or deleted at any time.
However, if a User Type is currently assigned to a User, it cannot be deleted until the User's Details have been changed to a different User Type.
To edit or delete a User Type:
- Select the Actions menu for a User Type, then select either Edit Details or Delete.
- If Edit Details is selected, make changes as needed, then select OK.