Once you have created a Contact, you can also store additional information, such as an email address, date of birth and more, via Contact Custom Fields.
Once a Contact Custom Field is created, it will be available when editing any Contact's details.
Creating Contact Custom Fields
To create a Contact Custom Field:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Custom Fields, select Contact Custom Fields.
- Contact Custom Fields are categorised into Custom Field Groups; if you have no Custom Field Groups configured, first select Create New Group.
If you have already configured Custom Field Groups, proceed to Step 5.
- Enter a Name, then select OK.
- Select Create New Custom Field.
- Enter a Name for the Contact Custom Field; the Name should begin with a letter, and can only contain alphanumeric characters, spaces, and hyphens. Enter a Description to provide more context for the Contact as needed.
Select a Contact Type; select Person to apply this Contact Custom Field only to people, select Company to apply this Contact Custom Field only to companies, or select All to apply this Contact Custom Field to both.
Select a Field Type; this is how the information in the Contact Custom Field will be recorded in mattero (as a checkbox, a written response, a date, etc.). Please note, if "List" is selected, you will be required to fill out a list of available options as well.
Select one or more Custom Field Group; this will allocate the Contact Custom Field to one or more of the Groups you created in Steps 3 and 4.
Enter Help Text as needed; this text will display when a mattero User is editing a Contact's details
- Select Mandatory to make this a required field when creating a new Contact; if Mandatory is not selected, it will not appear on the Create Contact form, however the Field will still be available when editing an existing Contact's details.
- Select Enabled/Disabled to activate this Contact Custom Field; if Disabled is selected, this Contact Custom Field will not appear when creating a new Contact.
- When all selections are made, select OK.
Editing and Deleting Contact Custom Fields
Contact Custom Fields can be reordered and arranged, and also filtered to show specific Fields.
Further, existing Contact Custom Fields can also be edited or deleted as needed. Please note, if a Contact Custom Field is currently in use on a Contact, it cannot be deleted until the Contact's details have been changed to remove the data from the Field.
To edit Contact Custom Fields:
- Select the filters in the top row to filter the Custom Field Groups as needed.
- Alternatively, select a Custom Field Group to filter by that Group; you can also reorder the Custom Field Groups by selecting an Order () icon to drag and drop as needed.
Select Clear Selection to display all Contact Custom Fields again.
- Select the the Actions icon on a Contact Custom Field to open its menu, and select Edit Details, Mark as Disabled, Mark as Mandatory, or Delete as needed.
- If Edit Details is selected, make changes as needed, then select OK.
A variety of bulk actions can also be applied to multiple Contact Custom Fields at once.
To apply a Bulk Action:
- Hold Shift or CTRL and select two or more Contact Custom Fields, then select Bulk Actions.
- Select Enable Fields or Disable Fields to enable or disable the selected Contact Custom Fields.
Select Mark as Mandatory or Mark as Not Mandatory to configure the mandatory status of the selected Contact Custom Fields.
Select Add Group to add the selected Contact Custom Fields to another Custom Field Group and select a Group from the list that appears; please note, this will not remove the Contact Custom Fields from their original Group, and they will instead appear in both Custom Field Groups.
Select Remove Group to remove the selected Contact Custom Fields from a Custom Field Group, and select a Group from the list that appears.
Select Move to Group to move the selected Contact Custom Fields from one Custom Field Group to another; please note, this will remove the Contact Custom Fields from their original Group.