Notes are a simple recording of work performed on a matter. Time records track the amount of time and effort spent on a matter. mattero™ allows you to create notes and time records simultaneously for work performed on matters.
mattero comes with functionality to determine a cost amount for a matter. This cost can be determined by:
- The profile for the currently-logged-in user.
- The costing templates defined for the user profiles. For this to function correctly, you must ensure that the matter is set to the relevant cost template. You can view and configure this in the Details tab of a matter.
- The units defined for your organisation.
You can also set charge rates for individual users, but be aware that any amount is overridden by the combination of the functionality listed above.
Create a Note and a Time Record
To create a note and a time record for a matter:
- Navigate to the Dashboard tab for a matter.
- Enter a title and some descriptive details for the note.
- Select the cost code for the time record.
- If the timer is setup and running for the matter, the duration prefills for you automatically. Optionally, you can enter a different duration.
- The amount calculates automatically, based on the duration and user's charge rate. Optionally, you can enter a different amount (exclusive of GST), or select reset ( ) to revert the amount back to the calculated value.
- If necessary, enter or update the description, date, and user for the time record.
- Select Save.