Notes provide a description of the work performed on a Matter, while Time Records track the duration, Cost Code, and the cost for the work performed on a Matter.
You can record Notes and Time Records either individually or simultaneously from the dashboard of a Matter.
Please note, when entering a Time Record, mattero calculates its cost based on your organisation's Units configuration, the charge rate of the user performed the Time Record's work, and the Cost Template set for the Matter. If no Cost Template is associated with the Matter, the charge rate defaults to the user's charge rate.
Further, a Cost Template can be set for a Matter by accessing its Details tab, selecting Edit, then setting its Costing Method to Cost Template and selecting a Cost Template from the dropdown menu.
View the Matter Details article for more information.
Creating Notes and Time Records
Please note, while this article will discuss creating a Note and Time Record simultaneously, each of these processes can be completed individually as well.
To create a Note and Time Record:
- In a Matter, select the Dashboard tab.
- The Details section will be selected automatically; entering text in this field will also automatically fill the Title section up to the first full stop. Alternatively, you can manually enter a Title at any time.
In Details, either type an entry, or select the Microphone () icon to record and dictate speech to text.
View the Speech to Text Recording article for more information.
- Select a Cost Code in the Time Record section.
- Enter a Duration; if a Timer is configured, this will fill automatically, however this can be manually edited as needed.
View the Timers article for more information.
- The Amount excluding GST will automatically fill based on the Cost Code and Duration entered; this can also be manually edited.
If the Amount is edited, select the Reset icon to revert to the original figure as needed.
- Enter a Description; select the Copy icon to copy any text entered in the Description as needed.
- The Date and User fields will fill automatically, however these can also be manually edited as needed.
- When all information is entered, select Save.
Memo, Addendum, Bulletpoint, List, Details, Charge, Bill, Fee, Time