The Matter Details page displays a wide variety of information for a Matter.
These details can be edited directly from the Matter Details page, to update attributes such as a Matter's Lawyer, Costing Method, Custom Fields, Financial Details, Taxes and more.
Further, a Matter can be deleted via its Matter Details page.
Viewing Matter Details
To view a Matter's Details:
- In a Matter, select the Details tab.
- The Matter's key information (such as its current Stage, Open date, Trust Account, etc.) will display at the top of the page, with Custom Fields and other groups of information displayed below.
Select the Collapse/Expand () icon to collapse or expand all groups, or select the Collapse/Expand icon on an individual group as needed.
Editing and Deleting Matters
To edit a Matter's Details:
- On the Matter Details page, select Edit.
- All editable details will be available at this stage; make any changes as needed, then select the Save button.
Please note, some fields require data to be input, whereas others have options that can be selected from a dropdown list. If the field offers a dropdown list (such as when selecting a Costing Method for the Matter), select the dropdown arrow on the field, then choose an option as needed.
Further, selecting a Costing Method of Cost Template will override a User's default Charge Rate set on their User Profile when working on this Matter. For example, if a User has a Charge Rate of $100/hr, and the Cost Template specifies a rate of $150/hr, the $150/hr rate will be applied.
(View the User Types article for more information.)
Also, if a web address is copied and pasted into a text or paragraph Custom Field, it will become a clickable link once saved.
For example, copying and pasting:
Further, you can also create a hyperlink using markdown by placing text in square brackets and the web address in parentheses.
For example, entering the following into a text Custom Field:
will display as the following once the information is saved:
To edit a Matter's Practice Area & Stage:
3. At the top of the Matter, select the Edit icon displayed next to the Stage.
Select the Practice Area & Stage, then select OK.
To delete a Matter select the Delete Matter button.
Please note, if you cannot see or access the Delete Matter button, you may not have the appropriate Security Role. View the Security Roles article for more information.
- If Delete Matter is selected, a confirmation window will open displaying any associated items that will also be deleted; selecting these items will open their page in mattero for review.
To confirm the Matter's deletion, enter its Title in the Matter Title field, then select Delete. Please note, once a Matter is deleted it cannot be restored.
Stage, Open Date, Client, Customer, Key Information, Metrics