Tasks are a record of any work to be completed on a Contact. (View the Tasks article for more information.)
You can create a Task from any page in mattero and assign it to a Contact to act as a reminder or instruction for work that must be done.
Please note, you can also assign a Task to a Matter. (View the Create, View, and Edit Matter Tasks article for more information.)
Creating a Task for a Contact
To create a Task for a Contact:
- From any page in mattero, select the Create button, then select Task.
- In the window that opens, enter a Description to explain what must be done to complete the Task.
- In the Assigned To field, select a Contact to assign the Task to. Please note, the person must be a Contact in mattero. (View the Create a Contact article for more information.)
- Select a Due Date, set a Priority from the dropdown menu, and set the Related To field to Contact.
- Enter a Contact's name in the following field; this field autocompletes, select a Contact from the list that appears as needed.
Please note, this person must also be a Contact in mattero. (View the Create a Contact article for more information.)
- Select a Status from the dropdown menu.
- When all fields are complete, select Save.
Viewing, Editing and Updating Tasks
Tasks can be viewed by selecting the Tasks icon on the sidebar in mattero, or by selecting the Tasks tab in a Contact. Tasks can also be viewed from the mattero Dashboard. (View the Dashboard article for more information.)
Please note, though this article shows the process for the Tasks tab within a Contact, the same process can be followed from the mattero Tasks page.
Any overdue Tasks will also display a notification at the top of every page in mattero; you can select this notification and select a Task from the dropdown menu that opens to view a Task.
Please note, if you select the Tasks tab in a Contact, the display will default to showing Tasks with a Status of "To Do" and "In Progress" and a Priority of "Normal" and "High"; select the Task Status and Priority buttons to configure which Tasks are displayed.
Further, you may also wish to view Referral Tasks; view the Viewing a Referral section in the Referral Tasks article for more information.
Tasks can be updated individually or in bulk. To edit and update Tasks:
- To edit Tasks in bulk, click on a Task's row to highlight it (or use CTRL/Shift + Click to multi-select), then select Bulk Actions and select an option as needed.
Please note, selecting Export Selected will export the selected Tasks to a CSV spreadsheet; selecting this option with no Tasks highlighted will export all Tasks to a spreadsheet.
- Alternatively, select a Task's Actions menu, then select an option as needed.
- To edit an individual Task's details, select the Task's Description, or select Edit Details from its Actions menu.
- In the window that opens, make changes as needed, then select Save.
To Do, In Progress, Workflow, Jobs, Job List, Timeline, Meeting