With the mattero Outlook Add-in installed, you can save emails and their attachments direct from Outlook to mattero. Emails can be saved to a Matter or Contact in mattero, and also sent as a Referral Task to other Users in your organisation.
Please note, it is recommended you pin the Outlook Add-in for ease of access.
- Saving Received Email to mattero
- Referral Task Settings
- Saving Sent Email to mattero
- Saving to mattero with Outlook Online
Saving Received Email to mattero
To save a message or its attachments, or to create a Referral Task from an email:
- Select the email, then select Save to mattero and either Matters or Contacts.
- If Matters is selected, select Suggested to view a list of Suggested Matters, select My to view your Matters, or select Search to find a specific Matter
If Contacts is selected, use the Search function to find a Contact.
- Select a Matter or Contact from the list.
- The checkbox next to the email's Name will be selected by default, with the subject line of the email set as the Name of the email; edit the Name as needed.
To refer the email to another User in your organisation as a Referral Task, select the Create Referral checkbox.
The Referral Assignee (who the Referral Task is sent to) defaults to yourself; you can leave this as is, or change it to any mattero User in your organisation. Please note, an email Referral Task can only be referred to one User at a time.
The remaining fields will autocomplete, however these can be changed as needed. (View the Referral Task Settings section of this article for more information.)
If there are any attachments on the email, select Save Attachments to mattero Documents to save these attachments to mattero, or to attach these files to the Referral Task.
Please note, if you are both saving an email to mattero and sending it as a Referral Task, selecting this checkbox will both save the attachment to mattero and attach it to the Referral Task.
In this case, there is currently no process to save an attachment to mattero without attaching it to a Referral Task, or to attach a file from an email to a Referral Task without also saving it to mattero.
Add any Tags as needed, then select Save.
Please note, if the Create Referral checkbox is selected, a notification will display on the email in the Outlook Add-in showing its Referral status and the Matter it was assigned to.
This notification will display both in the Outlook homepage and if the email is opened in its own window.
Referral Task Settings
If an email is shared as a Referral Task via the Outlook Add-In, a number of fields will fill by default.
To configure these default fields:
- Select Save to mattero, then select the Settings () icon.
- Make changes as needed in the Settings page, then select Save.
Saving Sent Email to mattero
To save an email that you will send to a Matter or Contact:
- Open a new email, select the Attach from mattero button, then select either Matters or Contacts.
- If Matters is selected, select Suggested to view a list of Matters , select My to view your Matters, or select Search to find a specific Matter.
If Contacts is selected, use the Search function to find a Contact
- Select a Matter or Contact from the list, then send the email as usual (the message will be saved to the Matter or Contact in mattero once it is sent).
Saving to mattero with Outlook Online
To access the Save to mattero function in Outlook Online:
- Select an email and select its Action menu, then select mattero, then follow the process detailed in the Outlook Desktop section shown above.
Email, Save Email, Referral, Hotmail, Documents, Matter Documents