Content stored in mattero can be attached to an email sent via Outlook. To attach content from mattero, you must first install the mattero Outlook Add-in. (It is recommended you pin the Outlook Add-in for ease of access after installing.)
Once the Add-in is installed, selecting Attach from mattero in the Message tab of a new email allows you to attach Documents from a Matter or Contact, and apply Tags to the email.
The email will save to the Documents section of the relevant Matter or Contact; if Tags are applied, these will appear on the saved email in mattero. (View the Save Email to mattero article for more information.)
Please note, including the following characters in a file's name can interfere with how a device recognises and stores a file in its directory:
/ ? < > \ : * | "
As mattero is required to comply with the filename requirements of Microsoft and Apple's operating systems, these characters are automatically removed from a file's name whenever mattero attaches a file to an email via the Outlook Add-In.
Files with these characters in their file name can be uploaded to mattero, however due to potential download issues it is recommended you do not include these characters in your file names.
Attaching mattero Content with Outlook Desktop
To attach Documents to a message:
- Open a new message, select the Attach Documents to Email button, then select either Matters or Contacts.
- Select Suggested to view a list of Matters, select My to view Matters you are the lawyer for, or select Search to find a specific Matter (the Contacts section offers the Search function only).
- Select a Matter or Contact from the list; this will open a list of associated Documents.
Select Documents from the list as needed, or select a Document's Action menu and select Attach as PDF for Word files (as needed).
Please note, you can also use the Search Documents field to search for specific Documents, and select the Clear (×) symbol to view all Documents again.
- To attach Tags to the email, select Add Tags, then enter an existing Tag (a dropdown list will appear), or enter a new Tag as needed.
Attaching mattero Content with Outlook Online
To access the Attach to mattero function in Outlook Online:
- Open a new message and select its Action menu, then select mattero, then follow the process detailed in the Outlook Desktop section shown above.
Email, Upload, Document Upload, Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel