Time Records track the work completed and the time spent on a Matter.
Time Records are added to Invoices, which can then be sent to your organisation's clients for payment.
(View the Create Invoices article for more information.)
Creating Time Records
To create a Time Record:
- From any page in mattero, select Create, then select Time Record.
- Select a Matter to record the Time Record against.
Please note, if you had a Matter open when you selected Create in Step 1, this Matter will be automatically entered in this field, however this can be changed as needed.
- Select a Cost Code from the dropdown menu that appears.
Please note, Cost Codes can be added and edited in mattero; view the Create and Edit Cost Codes article for more information.
- Enter a Duration for the work completed.
Please note, if you have configured Timers in mattero, this field will fill automatically, however this can be changed as needed. (View the Timers article for more information.)
- Once a Cost Code is selected and a Duration entered, the Amount excl. GST will automatically calculate based on the Cost Code and Duration fields, as well as the User's Charge Rate.
(View the Configure and Edit User Charge Rates article for more information.)
The Amount excl. GST can also be edited; please note, if you do edit this amount, the new amount you enter must also be exclusive of GST.
Further, you can reset to the amount calculated by mattero at any time by selecting the Reset () icon.
- Enter a Description and select a Date (defaults to today's date).
- Select a User; please note, this will default to your account, but this can be changed as needed.
- When all entries are made, select Save.
Please note, a Time Record can be edited after it has been entered, but only if the Time Record has not been added to an Invoice.
View the View and Edit Time and Expense Records (Costs) article for more information.
Fees, Expenses, Charge, Billing, Charge Rate, Per Hour, Units