Time Records can be edited and deleted via the Costs page, however only if the Time Record has not yet been invoiced.
If a Time Record is associated with an Invoice, it can be edited and deleted if the Invoice still has a "Draft" status. However, if the Invoice has a status of "Approved" or "Paid", the Time Record cannot be edited or deleted.
(View the Create Invoices article for more information.)
Expense Records can be viewed to ensure Expenses incurred have been allocated and invoiced correctly, or to confirm details for reconciliation between mattero and other systems (such as Xero).
Expense Records can also be edited and deleted via the Costs page, however they too can only be edited if they have not yet been invoiced, or if their Invoice has a "Draft" status.
All Time and Expense Records can also be exported to a spreadsheet.
Please note, if your organisation has configured Security Roles, some or all of the following features may not be available to you depending on your level of access.
(View the Create, Assign, and Delete Security Roles article for more information.)
View and Export Time and Expense Records
To view Time and Expense Records:
- In the sidebar, select the Costs () icon.
- Select the My Costs tab to view Time and Expense Records associated with your account, or select All Costs to view all Time and Expense Records in your organisation.
- When you first open the Costs page, the Date and Cost Type filters will default to "Today" and "Time"; select these filters to configure which Costs are displayed.
- You can export one, multiple, or all Time and Expense Records to a spreadsheet.
To export one or more entries, select a Time or Expense Record (use CTRL/Shift + Click to multi-select), then select Export.
To export all entries, select Export with no Time or Expense Records selected.
Please note, if you have any filters applied, only the filtered Time and Expense Records will be exported; you must remove all filters to export all records.
- A confirmation window will open; select Export to export the records.
Editing and Deleting Time and Expense Records
Time and Expense Records can only be edited or deleted if they have not yet been invoiced, or if the Invoice they are associated with still has a "Draft" status.
To edit or delete a Time or Expense Record:
- Select the Actions menu of a Time or Expense Record.
- In the window that opens, select Edit Details, Add to Existing Invoice, or Delete.
- If Edit Details is selected, make changes as needed in the window that opens, then select Save.
- If Add to Existing Invoice is selected, select a Draft Invoice from the window that opens, then select OK.
Please note, you must create an Invoice on the Time Record's Matter before selecting this option; if there are no Invoices on the relevant Matter, this option will not be available.
(View the Create Invoices from a Matter article for more information.)
- If Delete is selected, select Yes.
Reporting, Overview, Metrics, Summary, Finance, Profit, Loss, Edit Time Record, Delete Time Record, Edit Expense, Delete Expense, Edit Costs, Delete Costs