Invoices can be deleted at any point in the Invoice's process (Draft, Approved, or Paid).
Please note, deleting an Invoice will return its Time Records and Expenses to the Costs section of its Matter with a "Not Invoiced" status.
Deleting an Invoice is permanent and cannot be undone.
Please note, if a deleted Invoice is synced with Xero, it is recommended the Invoice also be Voided in Xero. Search the Xero Support Centre for more information.
To delete an Invoice:
- In the sidebar, select Invoices ($), or select the Invoices tab on a Matter or Contact's page.
- Select an Invoice's Actions menu and select Delete.
- Alternatively, select an Invoice's Number, then (in the Edit Invoice page that opens) select the Actions menu and select Delete.
- If the Invoice has a "Draft" status, a confirmation window will appear to confirm the deletion; select Yes.
- If the Invoice has an "Approved" or "Paid" status, you will be required to enter the Invoice's full number (including any prefixes) before you can delete the Invoice.
- If an Invoice has an "Approved" status and an Invoice Payment has been applied to the Invoice, it cannot be deleted.
To delete this Invoice, you must first cancel the relevant Trust Invoice Payment. View the Cancelling a Trust Record article for more information.
Delete, Remove, Undo, Erase, Purge