You can set a prefix and starting number for any Invoices created in mattero; once a starting number is set, the Invoice number will increase by one (1) with each Invoice you create.
In this way, you can align any Invoices created in a prior system with any new Invoices created in mattero. For example, if your last system finished with Invoice number 10, you can set all mattero Invoices to start from "11" onwards.
Further, if you have integrated your mattero account with Xero, you will need to configure your mattero Invoice Number Format to follow the format used in Xero to ensure synchronisation occurs without issue.
You can also change the Invoice Number Format in Xero, which this article will discuss below.
Configuring the Invoice Number Format in mattero
To configure the Invoice Number Format in mattero:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Time & Costing, select Invoice and Xero Settings.
- Select the Number Format tab, then enter a Prefix and the Number of Digits for your Invoices. A sample of your next Invoice number will automatically generate.
Please note, the Number of Digits is how many numbers will be shown on each Invoice, not the next number in your Invoice sequence. Further, if an Invoice number has fewer digits than the Number of Digits, the remaining digits will present a "0".
For example, if the Number of Digits is set to "5", but there are only four digits in an Invoice's number, the number will present as "01234".
- To set the next number in your Invoice number sequence, select Set Starting Number, or select Save to implement your changes.
- In the window that opens, enter a new Starting Number. Please note, this number must be greater than your current Invoice number.
For example, if your current Invoice number is "200", your new Starting Number must be at least "201" or more. Your current Invoice number will also display in this window.
When the Starting Number is set, select Save, then select Save again in the Number Format tab to implement your changes.
Configuring the Invoice Number Format in Xero
Please note, you must have an active Xero account and have configured your Xero account to sync with your mattero account before you continue. View the Xero Integration section of the Knowledge Base for more information.
To configure the Invoice Number Format in Xero:
- Log in to your Xero account, select your organisation's profile in the top-left corner, and select Settings.
- Select Invoice Settings, then select Default Settings.
- Set the Invoice Prefix and Next Number to match your mattero settings, then select Save.
Order, Workflow, Legacy System, Matter Organisation, Filing, Records