Trust Payments record expenses for services your organisation has organised or provided.
Please note, you must have your Trust Account and its settings configured prior to starting this process. View the Creating a Trust Account and Configuring Trust Account Settings article for more information.
Creating a Trust Payment
To create a Trust Payment:
- From any page in mattero, select the +Create button, then select Trust Record.
- Select Payment from the dropdown menu that opens.
- Select a Trust Account, enter the payment Amount, and select a Contact for the Paid To section.
Please note, if the payment is made to a person not saved to mattero as a Contact, select either Create New Contact to add them to mattero (any names entered in the Client field will automatically appear in the Create Contact window that opens), or select Use Custom Input to use their name without saving them as a Contact.
- Enter a Date of Payment and select a Media Type.
Please note, if you select EFT, a section will appear at the bottom of the window to allow you to attach a signed Requisition form as needed, however this is not mandatory at this stage.
- Enter an Account Name, Account Number and Bank Reference, or Cheque Number depending on the Media Type selected.
- Select a Matter to allocate the payment to, and select New Allocation as needed to allocate to more than one Matter.
- When all selections are made, select Save.
You can download a Requisition Form by selecting the Trust page from the sidebar, then selecting the Actions menu for the Trust record and selecting Download Requisition Form.
Please note, from this same Actions menu you can also select View Invoice Payment to open the Invoice Payment's page.
From here, you can drag and drop forms to upload them to the payment via the window in the left-hand column of the page.