When a cash or cheque receipt is entered in mattero, a Deposit Listing must be created. This creates the Deposit Listing Record, which is presented to your banking institution when depositing funds.
Please note, before proceeding you must have created a Trust Account in mattero.
View the Creating a Trust Account and Configuring Trust Account Settings article for more information.
Creating a Trust Record Deposit Listing
To create a Trust Record Deposit Listing:
- Create a Receipt for the relevant funds in mattero. (View the Creating a Trust Receipt article for more information.)
- Go to the Matter the funds relate to; select the Trust tab, select the Receipt's Actions menu, then select Publish Receipt.
- If a standard template has not been configured, the New Document from Template window will open; select a Document Template from the dropdown menu as needed, enter a Document Title, then select Save.
(View the Edit Document Templates article for more information, or download the Bank Deposit Listing template from the Sample Document Templates article.)
Please note, if a standard template has been configured, the New Document from Template window will not open and this step can be skipped.
- When the funds are to be deposited with your banking institution, select the Create button, then select Trust Record.
- Select Deposit Listing in the window that opens.
- This will open the Create Deposit Listing page; in the Trust Account panel, enter the amount of the funds in Notes and Coins (dollars and cents). If there are no cents in the amount, enter "0" in the Coins section.
Please note, the Trust Account will automatically set to your organisation's default Trust Account and the Deposit Date will automatically set to today's date, however both of these can be changed as needed by selecting them.
When the amount is entered, select Save.
- Select the Trust page from the sidebar, then select the Cash Book tab.
- Select the Actions menu for the Deposit Listing you have just created, then select Download Deposit Listing, and download the file. (This will download as a PDF.)
Please note, you can use the filters and Search buttons above the Deposit Listings to find a specific Deposit Listing.