Timers track the time spent on a Matter while the Matter is open in mattero, and automatically begin once the Matter is opened.
Please note, Timers are specific to the device you open a Matter with; a Timer's progress on a Matter does not carry between devices.
For example, if you open a Matter with a laptop, then open the same Matter at the same time with a phone, mattero will display two separate Timers, not the same Timer recording the same time on both devices.
Further, closing the Matter on your laptop and then opening it on your phone will also start a new Timer, which will not start from where the last Timer ended.
To configure a Timer:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Matters, select Timers.
- Select Show Timers to enable Timers across all Practice Areas.
- Alternatively, with Show Timers selected, select Configure per Practice Area to configure Timers on individual Practice Areas.
If Configure per Practice Area is selected, select the Actions menu for a Practice Area, then select Mark as Enabled to enable a Timer for Matters in this Practice Area.
Please note, a Timer can also be removed from a Practice Area by selecting its Actions menu and selecting Mark as Disabled.
Using the Timer
When a Matter with a configured Timer is opened, the count will start automatically.
To use the Timer:
- Select the Pause icon to pause the Timer, or select the Play icon to start a paused Timer.
- Select the Reset icon to reset the Timer to zero; if the Timer is not paused, it will immediately begin counting again.
Please note, closing your device's browser while the Timer is running pauses the Timer. Reopening the Matter with the same device will automatically continue the timer.