Lawyers may be required to engage with counsel or other parties to settle Documents, provide an opinion, appear in court, or complete another task. Barristers may receive a selection, or full Brief, of Documents from a client for review.
To meet these needs, the Briefs function in mattero organises the Documents in a Matter into a structured Brief, complete with Sections, Tags, and more. This Brief can be merged and exported as a combined PDF file, and also previewed and shared to third parties via a secure portal.
Creating Document Brief Templates
Document Brief Templates allow you to define Sections and Tags for a specific practice area.
To create a Document Brief Template:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Documents, select Document Brief Templates.
- Select Create Brief Template.
- Enter a Name and select Practice Areas (the areas the Brief Template will apply) from the dropdown menu as needed. (If a Practice area is not selected, the Brief Template applies to all areas.)
- Select New Section, then select a Section Name from the dropdown menu; select Tags from dropdown menu as well. (A Section can only have one Section Name, but it can have multiple Tags.)
- Add new Sections and Tags as needed. Sections can be rearranged by dragging and dropping while holding the Selection icon (), or removed by selecting the Delete () icon.
- When all selections are made, select Save.
Please note, creating a Brief using a Template will add any Documents with an associated Tag on the Matter to the corresponding Section.
Editing and Deleting Document Brief Templates
Existing Document Brief Templates can be edited or deleted at any time.
However, if a Document Brief Template is currently in use, it cannot be deleted until Briefs created under the Template have been removed.
To edit or delete a Document Brief Template:
- Select the Actions menu on a Document Brief Template, then select either Edit Details or Delete.
- If Edit Details is selected, make changes as needed then select Save.
Tags, Folders, Folio, Brief, Layout, Format, Other Side