To edit a document template:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- On the Actions menu for the document template you want to edit, select Edit Document.
The document opens in Microsoft Word.
- In Word, select Enable Editing.
- In mattero, on the Available Fields tab of the Document Templates page, select from the Preview Entity menu.
- A list of variables will be displayed for each option.
- Matter is displayed by default. Matter variables are used for document templates to be merged from within the Document tab of a matter.
- Contact variables are to be used for document templates to be merged from within the Document tab of a contact. These fields can also be used for Matter document templates where you want the option to select from the list of contacts each time the document template is merged within a matter.
- Invoice variables are to be used for Invoice document templates to be merged from within the Invoice tab of a matter or contact.
- Deposit, Payment, Receipt and Trust Statement are to be used for Trust document templates to be merged from the Trust Ledger page.
- copy a field to your system clipboard ( ).
- In Word, paste the field into the document where you want the data to display.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to copy and paste fields into the document as required.
- Optionally, you can add document tags to the template.
Tags attached to a document template are automatically attached to documents created from the template.
- In Word, Select File > Info.
- Under Properties, enter the document tags in the Tags field.
- Save the Word document.
To list the fields and their values for a merge:
- On the Available Fields tab of the Document Templates page, select an entity type to preview, such as a Matter.
- Search for a specific entity, for example a matter number or title.
- Select the entity from the search results.
The fields included in a merge, along with their data type, format, and value display on the screen.