A Contact is any individual, group of individuals, or organisation whose details your organisation needs to record. You can create an individual Contact with one person or organisation's details, and a Plural Contact, where two or more people's details are linked.
Once created, Plural Contacts can be assigned to Roles and Matters in the same manner as an individual Contact.
Contacts can be created from any page in mattero, and can also be added when creating various entities (such as Trust Payments or a Matter).
Creating a Contact
To create a Contact:
- From any page, select the Create button, then select Contact.
- In the window that opens, select Person, Company, or Plural.
- If Person is selected, enter their First Name and Last Name, then fill out any other fields as needed; when all information is entered, select Save.
Please note, if you enter an ABN, it will automatically format to **-***-***-*** in mattero.
- If Company is selected, enter the Full Name of the organisation, then fill out any other fields as needed; when all information is entered, select Save.
Please note, if you enter an ABN or ACN, they will automatically format to **-***-***-*** in mattero
- If Plural is selected, a variety of options are available: you can associate two or more existing Contacts as members of a Plural Contact by entering their names and selecting them from the dropdown list that appears.
Alternatively, you can enter new Contacts in mattero and associate them as members of a Plural Contact.
You can also associate new and existing Contacts as members of a Plural Contact.
A Plural Contact must have at least two members; select New Member to add additional members, or select the Delete icon next to a Contact's name to remove them.
Selecting the Contact Information icon next to a Contact's name will fill the Details section with that Contact's primary phone number and primary email address. Selecting the Address icon will fill the Details section with that Contact's primary address.
Please note, these functions only apply to existing Contacts with this information saved in mattero. If you are creating a new Contact, or if the existing Contact does not have this information available in mattero, these icons will not be enabled.
Further, this information can still be entered manually, or edited manually as needed.
When all information is entered, select Save.