Matters are a core component of mattero, and require configured practice areas and stages.
To create a matter, click on the Create button located on the Top Navigation bar, then click on Matter. The Create Matter form is displayed.
The fields highlighted with an asterisk are mandatory fields and must be completed. The following outlines some key features of the Create Matter form:
- Practice Area and Stage: The area of law for the matter. Choose from the list of configured practice areas. You can create more options from the System > Practice Areas page. See the Configuring Practice Areas page for more information.
- Stage: Used for tracking the progress of a matter. Like practice areas, you can create more options from the System > Practice Areas page. See the Configuring Practice Areas page for more information.
- Client field: Find your client by typing their name into this field. You can create a new contact by clicking on the Create New Contact button.
- Costing method: Choose from Time, Fixed, or Costing Template.
- If you have created any mandatory custom fields for a specific Practice Area, these fields will appear on the form once the practice area is chosen. See the Matter Custom Fields for further information.