Tasks are a record of any work to be completed on a Matter. (View the Tasks article for more information.)
You can create a Task from any page in mattero and assign it to a Matter to act as a reminder or instruction for work that must be done.
Note: you can also assign a Task to a Contact. (View the Create, View, and Edit Contact Tasks article for more information.)
Creating a Task for a Matter
To create a Task for a Matter:
- From any page on mattero, select the Create button, then select Task.
2. Choose between a Basic Task and a Document Merge Task.
- In the window that is displayed, enter a Description to explain what must be done to complete the Task.
- In the Assigned To field, select a Contact to assign the Task to. Note: the person must be a Contact in mattero. (View the Create a Contact article for more information.)
- Select a Due Date, set a Priority from the dropdown menu, and set the Related To field to Matter.
- Enter a Matter's Number or Title in the following field; this field autocompletes, select a Matter from the list that appears.
- Select a Status from the dropdown menu.
- When all fields are complete, select Save.
Viewing, Editing and Updating Tasks
Tasks can be viewed by selecting the Tasks icon on the sidebar in mattero, or by selecting the Tasks tab in a Matter. Tasks can also be viewed from the mattero Dashboard. (View the Dashboard article for more information.)
Note: though this article shows the process for the Tasks tab within a Matter, the same process can be followed from the mattero Tasks page.
Any overdue Tasks will also display a notification at the top of every page in mattero; you can select this notification and select a Task from the dropdown menu that opens to view a Task.
Remember that if you select the Tasks tab in a Matter, the display will default to showing Tasks with a Status of 'To Do' and 'In Progress' and a Priority of 'Normal' and 'High'; select the Task Status and Priority buttons to configure which Tasks are displayed.
Further, you may also wish to view Referral Tasks; view the Viewing a Referral section in the Referral Tasks article for more information.
Finally, select Calendar Mode to view the Tasks in a calendar. (View the Tasks article for more information.)
Note: depending on the size of your device's screen, the Calendar Mode button may not display.
If so, it can instead be accessed by selecting the Bulk Actions button which shows up when you view Tasks from the menu on the left.
Tasks can be updated individually or in bulk. To edit and update Tasks:
- To edit Tasks in bulk, select a Task's row to highlight it (or use CTRL/Shift + Click to multi-select), then select Bulk Actions and select an option as needed.
Note: selecting Export Selected will export the selected Tasks to a CSV spreadsheet; selecting this option with no Tasks highlighted will export all Tasks to a spreadsheet.
3.To edit an individual Task's details, select the Task's Description, or select Edit Details from its Actions menu.
4. In the window that is displayed, make changes as needed, then select Save.
Creating a Time/Fee Record When You Edit a Task
When you edit/modify a Task, you can also record the time against your activity immediately. To do so:
- In the Edit Task window, select Save & Create Time.
2. In the Create Time/Fee Record window that is displayed, fill in the Cost Code, Duration and Mode fields. Note: The Related to Matter, Date and User fields will be pre-filled.
3. Select Save.
Tasks, To Do, In Progress, Done, Meeting, Time Record