You can delete contacts in mattero™, but be aware of the following constraints:
- If security roles are set, the user deleting a contact must have the Delete Matters and Contacts permission. For more information, see Security Roles.
- Deleting a contact also deletes all documents and tasks associated with the contact.
- You cannot delete a contact if:
- It is a user or a client of a matter.
- There are matter contact custom fields associated with the contact
- There are trust records associated with the contact.
To delete a contact:
- Navigate to the Summary tab for a contact.
- Select Edit.
Select Delete Contact.
Note: Depending on the content displayed for the contact, you might need to scroll down to the Delete Contact button.
A warning message appears stating either that the contact cannot be deleted, for the reasons listed above, or that deleting a contact cannot be undone, and lists the number of documents and tasks that will also be deleted.
- As a best practice, you can follow the links displayed for the tasks and documents to be deleted, to review these items before deletion
- Assuming you still want to delete the contact, enter the contact full name to confirm deletion, and then select Delete.