You can create a Document from a template for a Contact associated with a Matter. For example, when sending a letter to your Client, you can select a templated letter from mattero and select the Client's name from a dropdown list, and their name will appear in the letter that generates.
You can select any Contact associated with the Matter to include them in the generated Document.
Please note, the Document Template you select must include Contact Custom Fields or you will not be able to select a Contact to include. (View Step 6 of the Edit Document Templates article for more information.)
Generating Templated Documents for Selected Contacts
To generate a Templated Document for a Selected Contact:
- In the Documents section of a Matter, in Documents Mode, select New and Document from Template.
- In the page that opens, select a Matter Template; if the template includes Contact Custom Fields, the Select a Contact option will appear.
(View Step 6 of the Edit Document Templates article for more information.)
Select a Contact from the list of options; please note, if a Contact is not associated with the Matter it will not appear in this list. (View the Matter Contacts article for more information.)
Further, a list of Contacts associated with the Matter and Variables included in the Document Template will also display on this page.
- Enter a Document Title (a Title will automatically generate from the Matter Template's name, but this can be changed at this time).
- Add Tags and select Save as Word or Save as PDF as needed.
- When all fields are entered, select Save and Preview to view a preview of the template, or select Save and Merge to generate the final version.
Please note, if Save and Preview is selected, the file will not be created, only a preview; you must select Save and Merge to create a new Document.
Word Template, File, Fields, Variables, Layout, Custom, Client, Customer