Certain documents can be edited via mattero. The following Microsoft document types are editable:
Edit a Document
To edit a document:
- Navigate to the Documents page, or the Documents tab for a Matter or Contact, to display a list of documents. Under Filter, select or enter document tags to limit the list of documents displayed.
- For the document you want to edit, from the Actions menu, select Edit Document.
- If required, enter your user credentials. These are the same credentials you use to log in to mattero, which are cached for 30 days by default.
The document opens in its native application (Word or Excel, etc.).
- If required, select Enable Editing, and edit the document.
Save the document. Any changes you make are uploaded to document storage and displayed in mattero.
At a later date, you can reopen the document (for example, via Word or Excel) directly from the application's list of previously edited documents.
Edit PDF Documents via a PC
You cannot edit PDF documents in the same way as Microsoft documents. Further, PDF documents can only be edited via a PC, not an Apple device.
To edit a PDF document in mattero:
- Navigate to a Documents page.
- Select a Microsoft Word document's Actions menu, then select Edit in Word; make a minor edit (such as retyping a letter or word), then save and close the document.
Please note, this step must be completed or the following steps will not work.
- For the PDF document you want to open, from the Actions menu, select Copy URL for Editing.
- Open your PDF editor, and then select File > Open.
- Paste the file URL into the File name field, and select Open.
- Edit the document as required, and then save the document.
Edit PDF Documents via an Apple Device
To edit a PDF document via an Apple device, you must have a PDF editing program installed on your device.
Download the PDF from mattero, make edits as needed in your PDF editing program, then remove the original file from mattero and upload the edited copy.
Edit Document Details
To edit a Document's details:
- Navigate to the Documents page or the Documents tab for a matter or contact, to display a list of documents. Under Filter, select or enter document tags to limit the list of documents displayed.
- For the document you want to edit, select the Actions menu and select Edit Details.
- Edit the Document Title as needed.
- Select Tags for the document, or enter new Tags as needed.
(Tags allow you to classify your documents.)
- Select the Calendar icon, then change the Created Date as needed.
- Select Save.
Edit Documents on Mobile Devices
Documents cannot be edited on a mobile device.
Edit, Change, Update, Files, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email