When trying to edit a Microsoft Office document, such as a Word document, I receive a popup saying that Office has blocked the content.
A change in Microsoft's default security restrictions to their Office products was rolled out to all Office 365 subscribers in February to June 2020. These new default settings affect existing users that are using form-based sign-in behaviour, which includes Mattero. If you have the affected version of Microsoft Office, you may experience the above issue, and will need to update your settings to allow Mattero to edit Office documents.
The following is a process that will only need to be done once. All future Office documents will open correctly without needing to change any further settings.
- Open the Trust Center options in Microsoft Word:
- Go to File → Options.
- Click on Trust Center.
- Click on the Trust Center Settings... button.
- On the left panel, click on Form-based Sign-in:
- Change the Sign-in Prompt Behaviour to Ask me what to do for each host.
- Click on OK to continue.
- Return to Mattero. When you Edit a document, you will now receive a pop-up:
- Click Yes to continue.