Once you have uploaded a document template and inserted the required variables the Document Template should be tested to verify the merged information is correct.
- Go to the page as specified in the Related To field of the Document Template. For example, if you set the Related To field to Matter, go to the Documents tab of a matter.
- Click the +New button, then Document from Template.
- Choose the template from the Matter Template field.
- Enter a name for the document.
- Fill in any other fields as necessary.
- Click Save. The newly generated document will be available in the document list.
- Click on the document title to preview. If changes are necessary, follow the steps outlined in Editing a Document Template.