Expenses are costs associated with running your business that can be charged to a Client. These, along with Time Records, contribute to the overall amount on an Invoice.
Once an Expense is recorded in mattero, it can then be included as part of an Invoice and sent to a client for payment. View the Create Invoices article for more information.
To create an Expense:
- From any page, select the Create button, then select Expense.
- In the window that opens, enter a Matter, select a Cost Code, and enter an Amount for the Expense.
Please note, mattero will automatically calculate and fill the GST Amount from the Amount you enter. However, you can manually change the GST amount as needed. After making a change, you can also revert to the original GST Amount by selecting the Revert () icon.
- Select a Date (defaults to today) and select a User. Please note, the User defaults to your name; this can be changed if you are entering an Expense on someone else's behalf, but they must be saved as a Contact in mattero.
- Attach any files (such as scanned receipts) as needed.
- When all entries are made, select Save.
Please note, once an Expense is created, it will be available in the Costs () section of mattero, and in the Costs tab of its Matter.
Select the Cost Type filter and select Expense to display Expenses.