Invoices can be created either individually or in batches of up to 100. Invoices can also be created individually from an existing Matter; for this process, view the Create Invoices from a Matter article.
Please note, your organisation may have an agreement with your client to transfer funds automatically from a Trust account to your organisation's general bank account. To do so, you will need to create a Trust Record Invoice Payment.
View the Create a Trust Record Invoice Payment article for more information.
To create one or more Invoices:
- In the sidebar, select the Invoices ($) icon.
- In the Invoices page, select the Create Invoice button.
- Select one or more Matters from the list in the window that opens; use the Practice Area and Lawyer buttons or the Search bar to filter to specific Matters.
Alternatively, select the Select All option to highlight every Matter; please note, you cannot select more than 100 Matters for invoicing at a time.
- When all chosen Matters are selected, select Next: Default Values.
- Set an Issue Date and a Due Date to apply to all selected Invoices.
Please note, default Issue and Due Dates are set automatically according to your organisation's settings. If any Invoices do not match these dates, this can be edited during the Review stage (step 8 in this guide).
- When the dates are set, select Next: Generate Invoices.
- Draft Invoices will generate for the selected Matters; select Review Invoices to proceed.
Please note, if there are any errors displayed, select the Close button then repeat the process shown above.
- Select an Invoice from the left-hand column to view its details.
Edit an Invoice's details in the middle column (such as its Invoice Number, Issue and Due Dates, and Invoice Status) as needed, and select Save to save changes. Select the Delete button to delete an Invoice (a confirmation window will appear to confirm the deletion).
Please note, the Invoice Contact will set as the client by default, but this can be edited for cases where the client is not liable for the Invoice.
- If the Invoice's payment (or partial payment) is coming from your organisation's Trust account, enter this amount in the Less Trust Credit field. If payment is not coming from your organisation's Trust account, leave this field blank.
- In the right-hand column, select the Edit () icon to edit a Time Record or Expense's details, or select the Delete () icon to remove it from the Invoice (no confirmation window will appear).
Please note, if an Invoice's status is set to Approved, a green tick will appear next to its Invoice Number in the left-hand column.
Also, all Invoices here can be exported as a combined PDF file from this screen. View the Export Invoices as a PDF article for more information.