A history of payments made on an Invoice is available from mattero. Payments can also be added and removed from an Invoice as needed.
Please note, if you have integrated with Xero, removing a Payment from your Xero account will also remove it from your mattero account on the next synchronisation.
For more information on adding payments to Invoices, view the Add a Manual Payment to an Invoice article.
Viewing and Editing Payment History
To view an Invoice's Payment history:
- In the sidebar, select Invoices ($), or select the Invoices tab on a Matter or Contact's page.
- Select an Invoice's Actions menu, and select Manage Payments.
- In the Manage Payments window, to record a payment to an Invoice, enter a figure in the Paid Amount field, then select Add Payment.
- To remove a payment from an Invoice, in the Payment History section select the Remove () icon next to a payment.
- Select Save to update the Invoice.
- Alternatively, select an Invoice's Number to open the Invoice.
- In the Invoice page, select the View Payments () icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- The View Payment window will display a list of all payments made on the Invoice; select the Remove () icon to delete a payment.
Please note, any Trust Invoice Payments cannot be removed via this window. Instead, these payments must be removed via the Trust Ledger.
- When all changes have been made, select Save.
Please note, if a payment is removed accidentally, selecting Cancel before you have selected Save will close the window and undo any changes.
However, if you select Save, you will need to add the payment again. View the Add a Manual Payment to an Invoice article for this process.
Update Invoice, Overview, Timeline, Payment, Review Invoice