Both partial and full Invoice payments can be manually recorded in mattero, creating a record of payments that have been made, are owing, or have been overpaid.
Please note, an Invoice must have an "Approved" status before payments can be added.
Recording Payments in mattero
To record a payment in mattero:
- In the sidebar, select Invoices ($), or select the Invoices tab in a Matter or Contact.
- Select the Actions menu on an Invoice, then select Manage Payments.
- In the Manage Payments window, to record a payment to an Invoice, enter a figure in the Paid Amount field, then select Add Payment.
- To remove a payment from an Invoice, in the Payment History section select the Remove () icon next to a payment.
- Select Save to update the Invoice.
Please note, all current payments on an Invoice can also be viewed and edited. (View the View Payment History and Add or Remove Payments from an Invoice article for more information.)
Syncing Manual Payments with Xero
If Xero is configured with your mattero instance, manual payments will automatically sync during a Xero synchronisation.
All manual payments are sent to the general bank account in your mattero instance. However, the BSB and Account Number of your general bank account in mattero must match the BSB and Account Number recorded in your Xero account.
If no general bank account is set, the following message will display during synchronisation:
In this case, set a general bank account via the process discussed below.
To configure your general bank account and its details:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Trust Accounting, select Trust & Bank Accounts.
- Select General Bank Accounts, then select the Actions menu for a chosen bank.
- Select Edit Details to edit the account's details. Edit details as needed, then select Save. Alternatively, select Delete to delete the bank account.
Please note, if you have more than one bank account associated with your mattero instance, you must set a default bank account. If your mattero instance has only one bank account, this automatically becomes the default bank account.
Select Set Default to set a bank as the default bank.
Add Payment, Pay, Paid, Charge, Fee, Bill