As both mattero and Xero offer a variety of functions, certain Payments are better made in one system or the other. As such, Xero and mattero must regularly synchronise to ensure all Invoices and Payments are up to date across both systems.
Synchronisation can update the status of Invoices, update any Payments, and remove any deleted Payments from both mattero and Xero, including Trust Invoice Payment cancellations.
Please note, before proceeding, all Invoices to be synchronised must have an "Approved" status in mattero, and you must have configured your Xero account with mattero.
- Synchronising Invoices
- Excluding Invoices from Xero Synchronisation
- Opening Invoices via Xero and mattero
To synchronise Invoices:
- View Invoices either by navigating to the Invoice ($) page from the side menu, or by selecting the Invoices tab in a Matter or Contact.
- To synchronise all Invoices, select Bulk Actions, then select Sync with Xero.
- To synchronise one or more Invoices (but not all Invoices), click on an Invoice to highlight (or hold down Shift or the CTRL/Command key and click on multiple Invoices), then select Bulk Actions and Sync with Xero.
- A window will display a list of new Invoices to sync with Xero and Invoices to be checked for Payments.
Review this list as needed, then select Synchronise.
Please note, a Connect to Xero button may appear if your connection has expired. If so, select this button to continue
Resolve these issues as needed, then follow the synchronisation process again.
mattero will update any Invoices whose status changed while in Xero, update any Invoices with Payments made or deleted in Xero, update any "Paid" or "Approved" statuses as needed, and also show records of any full or partial Payments made in Xero.
Excluding Invoices from Xero Synchronisation
Individual Invoices can be set to always be excluded from Xero synchronisation, so that they will not be included in the Xero synchronisation process.
To exclude an Invoice from Xero:
- Select the Actions menu of an Invoice, then select Exclude from Xero Sync.
Please note, an excluded Invoice can be included in Xero synchronisation again by selecting its Actions menu, then selecting Include in Xero Sync.
Opening Invoices via Xero and mattero
To navigate to mattero from an Invoice in Xero:
- Open the Invoice in Xero, then select Go to mattero.
To navigate to Xero from an Invoice in mattero:
- Open the Invoice in mattero, then select Open in Xero.
- Alternatively, from the Invoices section, select the Action menu on an Invoice, then select Open in Xero.
Sync, Synch, Xero Sync, Accounting Sync, Sync Invoices