Trust money is the money a law practice holds on behalf of a client or other people in the course of, or in connection with, the provision of legal services.
The rules of use and maintenance of a trust account are governed by institutions such as law societies. See the relevant documentation in your state or country for more information:
- The NSW Law Society trust page
- The Queensland Law Society trust page
- The SA Law Society trust page
- The NZ Law Society trust page
mattero allows you to record your day-to-day trust transactions to ensure your full trust history is maintained and reported, including trust reconciliation.
Topics in this section
- Creating Trust Account Settings in mattero
- Creating and Maintaining a Trust Record
- Viewing Trust Records in a Matter
- The mattero Cashbook
- Download a Trust Record Receipt
- Generating Trust Reports
- Trust Reconciliation
- Statutory Deposits