Trust Receipts can be created in mattero to record when you receive funds from clients for a specified Matter. Once created, these can be downloaded individually as a PDF, or in bulk as a CSV file.
Please note, you must configure your Trust Account before creating Trust Receipts; view the Create a Trust Account and Configure Trust Account Settings article for more information.
Further, when a Trust Receipt is created with a Media Type of "Cash" or "Cheque", a Deposit Listing record must also be created via the mattero Cash Book.
View the Create a Trust Record Deposit Listing article for more information.
Creating a Trust Receipt
To create a Trust Receipt:
- On any page, select the Create button, then select Trust Record.
- Select Receipt from the list of options.
- In the window that opens, select a Trust Account from the dropdown menu and enter the Amount to be allocated. (If only one Trust Account has been set up in mattero, it will automatically fill this field.)
- Enter the name of the person the Amount was received from.
Please note, if this person is a Contact in mattero their name will appear as an option in a dropdown list.
If this person is not a Contact in mattero, you can either select Create New Contact (and fill out their details in the window that opens) to add them as a Contact, or select Use Custom Input, which will record their name but not save them as a Contact in mattero.
- Select a Date of Receipt, select the type of payment (Media Type), then select a Clearance Date (depending on the Media Type, this will automatically fill, but can still be edited).
- Select Download Receipt after Save to download a copy of the Receipt as needed.
- Allocate the Amount to a Matter; if there are multiple Matter allocations for this Amount, select New Allocation and select additional Matters as needed.
Please note, the total Amounts of all allocated Matters must equal the Amount to be allocated. Also, a Matter can be removed from the Receipt by selecting its Delete () icon.
- Enter a Description of the allocations as needed.
- When all information is entered, select Save.
Please note, the Trust Receipt template is automatically published on creation. Also, if Download Receipt after Save was selected, a PDF file of the Receipt will automatically download.
View Step 5 of the "Creating a Trust Account" section of the Create a Trust Account and Configure Trust Account Settings article for more information.
To download a Trust Receipt template document, view the Sample Documents article.
Once saved, the Trust Record can be viewed by selecting the Trust tab in the relevant Matter. To download a PDF file of the Receipt, select the Actions menu, then select Download Receipt.
Please note, if a default Trust Receipt template has not been set, you can also publish a Trust Receipt manually from this page by selecting a Receipt's Actions menu, and select Publish Receipt.
The Trust Record can also be viewed by selecting the Trust icon from the sidebar, and then selecting the Trust Ledger tab.
To download a PDF file of the Receipt, select the Actions menu, then select Download Receipt.
Alternatively, to download all Trust records (or all highlighted records), select Bulk Actions, then select Export All.
Please note, a Trust Receipt can also be sent to clients and third-parties via the mattero Outlook Add-in. For more information, view the Attach mattero Content to Email (Outlook) article.
Receipting, Paid, Pay, Admin, Trust Accounting, Accounts