Once an Invoice is issued and its grace period has expired (or if your client has agreed to waive a grace period), your organisation may have an agreement with your client to transfer funds automatically from a Trust account to your organisation's general bank account.
Please note, you must create and approve an Invoice before processing any Invoice payments. View the Create Invoices article for more information.
When transferring funds from a Trust account to your organisation's general bank account, you can create a record of this transaction in mattero.
Please note, you must have created a Trust account and configured its settings prior to proceeding. View the Creating a Trust Account article for more information.
Creating a Trust Record Invoice Payment
To create a Trust Record Invoice Payment:
- From any page in mattero, select the Create button, then select Trust Record.
- Select Invoice Payment from the dropdown menu that opens.
- On the Create Invoice Payment page, select the checkbox of Invoices to be included in the payment, and enter their Applied Amount; this amount cannot exceed the Amount Due section for the Invoice. Alternatively, select the Full Amount () icon to insert the full amount.
Please note, the Total Amount section in the left-hand column automatically updates with the combined Applied Amounts of all included Invoices.
- In the left-hand column, select a Trust Account, Bank Account, Date of Payment, and enter a Description.
- In Media Type, select either Cheque or EFT. If Cheque is selected, enter the Cheque Number; if EFT is selected, enter the Bank Reference.
Please note, if you select EFT, a section will appear at the bottom of the window to allow you to attach documents (such as a signed Requisition form) as needed. For more information on generating a Requisition form in mattero, view the Creating a Trust Payment article.
- When all relevant information is entered, select Create Payment.