A PDF file combining all documents in a Brief can be generated via mattero for easy submission and distribution.
Exporting a Brief
To export a Brief:
- On the sidebar, select Matters, then select a Matter.
- Select Documents, then select the Briefs () icon.
- To select a Brief, select the dropdown menu on the left-hand side, then select from the available Briefs.
- Select Actions, then select Export Brief to PDF from the dropdown menu.
Please note, the Export Brief to PDF window will open with a variety of features that can be selected for inclusion in your export; selecting these features may also display additional features for selection.
- Enter a Document Title.
- Select Only Selected Sections to export one or more sections from the Brief, or leave this unchecked to export all sections; if selected, choose sections to include from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Select Title Page to include a Title page in the Brief as needed; if selected, choose a Title page template from the dropdown list. (Information on how to upload a Title page template is available below.)
- Select Contents Page as needed. Please note, each entry in the Contents page will also be a link to the relevant page in the final Brief PDF document.
If selected, select Hide Page Numbering to remove page numbers from the Contents page if preferred; this will not impact the Page Numbering option shown below.
- Select Section Title Page and Document Summary Pages as needed.
- Select Page Numbering to number each page as needed; if selected, make changes to the position, format, offsets, and font as preferred.
- When all selections have been made, select Export.
- This will create a job to run in the background to create the document (this may take several minutes). Select the Download icon to view the job's progress.
- Once the Brief is completed, select the same Download icon, then select the Brief.
- Selecting a completed Brief will open its PDF file in mattero; select the Expand () icon to view the file in full screen, or select the Print icon to print the file.
Select the Actions menu to open a list of options for the file.
Please note, if a Contents pages is included, each entry in the Contents page can be clicked on to jump to the relevant page in the PDF document.
Cancelling an In-Progress Export
While a Brief is still exporting, the export process can be cancelled.
To cancel an export:
- Select the Download icon, then select View all scheduled jobs.
- Select either My Scheduled Jobs or All Scheduled Jobs, then select the Action menu for an in-progress Brief and select Cancel Job.
Create and Upload a Title Page Template
Including a Title page is one of the configurable fields when exporting a Brief. A templated Title page can be uploaded with several variables that will autocomplete when included with a Brief.
Please note, your templated Title page must be a Microsoft Word document. (Download a standard Title page template.)
To create and upload a Title page:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Documents, select Document Templates.
- Under the Document Templates tab, select Add Template.
- Select a file from your computer.
Please note, your Title page can include several text variables that can change depending on the information in a Brief. Download the mattero template Title page for an example of what can be included.
- In the File Upload window, select a Created Date, add Tags, and select a Category as needed; set the Related To section to Brief Title Page, then select Upload.
PDF, Print, Adobe, File Conversion, Word, Export