Cost Templates allow you to set an hourly rate for selected users for a specific Matter. On creation or edit of a Time Record, the dollar value is automatically calculated based on the User's charge rate as set on the Cost Template.
Please note, User Types must be defined before a Cost Template can be applied to any Users. (View the Create and Edit User Types article for more information.)
Creating Cost Templates
To create a Cost Template:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Time and Costing, select Costing Templates.
- Select Create New Cost Template.
- Enter a Name and Description (such as "Conveyancing" and "Purchase of property", etc.).
- Enter the Charge Rates for the User Roles shown, and then select OK.
Please note, if a Charge Rate is not set for a User Role here, the Charge Rate on a User's profile will be used instead.
Editing or Deleting Cost Templates
To edit a Cost Template.
- On the Actions menu for a Cost Template, select Edit Details or Delete.
- Edit the details of the Cost Template as needed, and then select OK.
Hourly Rate, Rates, Billing, Charge, Client