Lawyers may be required to engage with counsel or other parties to settle Documents, provide an opinion, appear in court, or complete another task. Barristers may receive a selection, or full Brief, of Documents from a client for review.
To meet these needs, the Briefs function in mattero organises the Documents in a Matter into a structured Brief, complete with Sections, Tags, and more. This Brief can be merged and exported as a combined PDF file, and also previewed and shared to third parties via a secure portal.
Creating Document Brief Templates
Document Brief Templates allow you to define Sections and Tags for a specific practice area.
To create a Document Brief Template:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Documents, select Document Brief Templates.
- Select Create Brief Template.
- Enter a Name and select Practice Areas (the areas the Brief Template will apply) from the dropdown menu as needed. (If a Practice area is not selected, the Brief Template applies to all areas.)
- Select New Section, then select a Section Name from the dropdown menu; select Tags from dropdown menu as well. (A Section can only have one Section Name, but it can have multiple Tags.)
- Add new Sections and Tags as needed. Sections can be rearranged by dragging and dropping while holding the Selection icon (), or removed by selecting the Delete () icon.
- When all selections have been made, select Save.
Please note, creating a Brief using a Template will add any Documents with an associated Tag on the Matter to the corresponding Section.