Your organisation's details must be set to ensure your various Matters, Invoices, Trust transactions and more feature the correct information for your business. Should your company's details change, these can be updated at any time in mattero.
Configuring Company Details
To configure your company details:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Settings, select Company Details.
- On the Actions menu, select Assign Company.
- In the Company field, start entering your selected Company's name. If the Company is already recorded in mattero, it will display in the dropdown menu. Select the company, then select OK to save.
- If the company you wish to assign to does not exist in your records, select Create New Contact, then select whether the Contact is a Person or a Company, enter their details, then select Save.
Please note, if you are a sole practitioner, it is recommended you select Person, however you can still select Company if preferred.
The new Contact will now be listed in the Assign Company field; select OK to save.
Please note, the Company Contact must have an address recorded to ensure the correct GST for their specified country is used.
Edit Company Details
A company's details (such as its phone number, email address, and physical address) can affect a variety of factors in mattero, such as contact details, tax rates (GST, etc.), and more.
By editing your company's details, you can apply changes throughout mattero.
To edit an existing company's details:
- Select the Name of the company to view its page.
- To edit the company's details, select the Summary section, then select Edit.
- Make changes as needed, then select Save.
Please note, saving a New Zealand address will set a 15% GST rate throughout mattero, while an Australian address will set a 10% GST rate throughout mattero.
Also, the Country you select will also be the default Country for any new Contacts you create in mattero.
View the Create a Contact article for more information.
Company Name, Business Name, Business Address, Business Number, ABN, ACN