Taxes, such as the Goods and Sales Tax (GST) can be configured to always be applied, never be applied, or optionally be applied in mattero. This is useful for smaller organisations that do not reach the GST Business Threshold, or organisations that deal with international clients who do not fall under GST requirements.
For more information on configuring various mattero settings, view the Initial Setup section.
To configure taxes:
- On the sidebar, select System ().
- Under Time & Costing, select Invoice and Xero Settings.
- On the Taxes tab, select from On, Off, Optional On, or Optional Off.
- Selecting On means taxes will always be applied.
- Selecting Off means taxes will never be applied.
- Selecting Optional On means taxes will apply by default, but can be changed as needed.
- Selecting Optional Off means taxes will not apply by default, but can be changed as needed.
- Once you have chosen an option, select Save.
Please note, if Taxes are set to Off or Optional Off, then Time Records will not calculate GST.
If you have integrated Xero with your mattero account, you will need to configure the Tax Rate for GST Free Time Records setting in mattero (view the Configure Xero Integration article for more information).
Configure Optional On/Off
If Optional On/Off is selected, taxes can then be turned on or off as needed.
To do so:
- On a Matter, select the Details tab, then select Edit.
- Select the checkbox under Apply Taxes on Time Records/Fees to apply or remove taxes as needed.
- Select Save.